Ervand Lalayan's Armenian-language studies of the Varanda area in Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabagh) from the journal Azgagrakan Hande's [Ethnographic Review], II (1897), pp. 4-244, and III (1898) pp. 338-349, in 262 pdf pages. Varanda is the old name of a district, now part of Martuni, which includes the church of Amaras. At the time Lalayan visited, Varanda was part of Shushi, and so his invaluable information also describes neighboring areas. Lalayan's colleagues L. Atabekean, L. Ter-Ghazarean, and Y. Yovhannisean wrote parts of the study. Compiled and indexed by Robert Bedrosian.